June 6 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Unity is True North Endurance’s team rucking event. You and four team members will tackle 25+ miles through areas such as city streets, trails and more. Rucking is walking with a weighted pack/ruck on your back. This event is for all rucking abilities as everyone on the team does not have to cover the full 25+ miles. Your team has 10 hours to finish the course or you will not earn your patch and shirt. Every event will feature a service component to it. Here’s how it works:
- Team member #1 will ruck 5+ miles from the start to checkpoint A where they will meet up with team member #2
- Team members #1 and #2 will then together ruck 5+ miles to checkpoint B where they will meet up with team member #3
- Team members #1, #2 and #3 will then together ruck 5+ miles to checkpoint C where they will meet up with team member #4
- Team members #1, #2, #3 and #4 will then together ruck 5+ miles to checkpoint D where they will meet up with team member #5
- All five team members will then together ruck the final 5+ miles to the finish
Date: Saturday, June 6, 2020
Time: Check in will start at 7:00 AM sharp for all team members on June 6, 2020. Do not be late.
Location: TBA (somewhere in the greater Salt Lake City, UT metro area)
Pricing (registration ends June 5, 2020 unless sold out)
- Through May 6, 20 – $45 per person
- After May 6, 2020 – $55 per person
Age Limit: 16 and over at time of event (minors under age 18 are permitted to participate as long as a parent/guardian is present throughout the entire duration of the event as a participant or shadow)
- Patch for finishing the event
- Poly cotton t-shirt for finishing the event (if you register anytime after May 24, 2020, your finisher shirt may be mailed to you after the event)
- Photographs during the event
- Post event party with food and beverages (whether you finish or not)
Mandatory Participant Gear List
Every person must bring the following items. This is mandatory for the success and safety of the event. If you show up without some of these items, you may not be able to participate.
- Pack/ruck to carry your items in
- Minimum dry weight requirement inside your pack/ruck before any of the other items listed below including food and water. Men = 20 lb; Women = 10 lb. We recommend a ruck plate of some sort but it’s ultimately up to you.
- Money source (cash and/or credit card) in case you need it
- Phone with a mobile charging source or replaceable battery. It is recommended the team has at least one smartphone that can help with navigation during the event.
- Small first aid kit
- Government issued ID
- Enough water to get you through the event
- Enough nutrition/food/electrolytes to get you through the event
- 7:00 AM – Check in begins for all team members
- 8:00 AM – Event begins
- 5:00 PM – Post event party begins
- 6:00 PM – All teams must finish with their five team members by this time or they will not be considered official finishers
- 8:00 PM – Post event party ends
General Team Rules
- Teams must be made up of five people. No more, no less. You are responsible for putting your own team together.
- We will email all registrants ahead of the event to request your team name, team members and which distance each team member will cover.
- Teams are responsible for the transport of their team members to their designated checkpoints where they enter the event.
- Team members that have officially started the event at their designated checkpoint are considered active.
- Teams will receive checkpoint A location at the start line. They will receive the checkpoint B location only when they arrive at checkpoint A. This pattern will continue throughout the event.
- Team members that are not active and have not entered the event course yet may use their time however they want.
- All five team members must finish together and hit all of the designated checkpoints within 10 hours or else you will not be considered a finisher and you will not receive your patch and shirt. That means if one or more people on your team drop out during the event, all team members will not be considered a finisher and will not receive their patch and shirt.
- Purchase of food and drinks during the event is allowed
- All laws, including traffic, must be obeyed at all times
- For real world emergencies, call 911 immediately. We will provide a contact number ahead of the event to reach a True North Endurance staff member for other issues that come up during the event.
Specific Rules for Active Team Members
- Team members that have officially started the event at their designated checkpoint are considered active
- No weight vests allowed. You must use a pack/ruck with shoulder straps.
- No motorized or transportation of any kind will be allowed
- Outside assistance (i.e. support teams) is allowed
- Active team members are allowed to carry another active team members pack/ruck
- Active team members are allowed to carry another active team member
Distances Covered by Each Team Member
- Team member #1 – 25+ miles
- Team member #2 – 20+ miles
- Team member #3 – 15+ miles
- Team member #4 – 10+ miles
- Team member #5 – 5+ miles
Onsite Event Refund Policy
- Refunds are not allowed for onsite events
- Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed for onsite events
- 30 days or more before the onsite event: Credit to another one of our events in the amount paid for the registration (excluding fees and taxes) will be issued if requested 30 days or more before the event at no additional charge
- 14-29 days before the onsite event: Credit to another one of our events in the amount paid for the registration (excluding fees and taxes) will be issued if requested 14-29 days before the event for a fee of $10
- Less than 14 days before the onsite event: No credit will be issued
- To request your credit within the time frames listed above, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org